Saturday 8 February 2014

17 Superlash Mascara And Liner Review


Hello everyone, today I am bringing you my review of the brand new 17 Superlash mascara and liquid eyeliner. The mascara retails for £6.99 and the liner for £2.99.





So first off we have the felt tip liquid liner. The smell is chemically but didn't upset my sensitive eyes. This is a super black liner which I love as it's pretty bold, yet at the same time because the tip is so small you can create anything from a really fine line to a bold thick winged look. This is the smallest tip I have ever seen on a liner, so perfect if your just starting out , as you have good control and you have precision. The tip reminds me of a highlighter pen, with lots of angles, making it really versatile. It dries to a semi matte finish, and has nice staying power, for me it lasted 12 hours without smudging, running or fading which is excellent when taking into account the price.

These are very quick initial swatches made with one stroke.


Bottom line:
Smell- 6/10 Chemically
Price- 10/10 Bargain!
Packaging- 10/ 10 Sleek, travel and handbag friendly
 Pigmentation- 10/10 Really nice
Easy to use: 9/10 
Lasting power- 10/10 faultless

Now to the mascara, I feel very mixed about this, 17 says that this mascara gives '' up to 93% longer looking lashes instantly! Give your lashes super hero status with our amazing super fibre lengthening mascara & volumising booster brush''. I agree with a majority of the claims, it does make lashes look really long, I wouldn't say that it necessarily volumises, however it does do a nice job of separating the lashes. The smell again is very chemically but not irritating. I like how black it is and there is also the option of a brown shade. The brush is your standard mascara brush, not to thin and not to think, it narrows towards the end, so enables you to reach the outer and inner lashes. However what I have found is that the more you use this, the more mascara gets clumped in the brush, which then gets caught on the lashes, so what I do is keep running the brush through my lashes which tends to remove the access, not to good if your in a rush though. I find that two coats is enough, and if you wanted to go more dramatic then three coats gives a nice effect. The thing I really don't like about this mascara is that it does run, on the top lashes it's fine and lasts all day, however on the bottom lashes, for me I looked in the mirror 5 hours after application and I had panda eyes. All the mascara had come off my bottom lashes and onto my skin, which is weird as that has never ever happened before, and I can't think why either, as I wasn't crying, and hadn't been in the rain or even rubbed my eyes. I like the effect and how it looks on the top lashes, but stay well away from the bottom lashes!





This is three coats on the top, and 1 coat on the bottom.


Bottom line:
Clumpyness- 7/10 As you add more layers, clumps become more apparent
Separation- 9/10 Does a nice job
Curl- 6/10 Would recommend using a curler first
Volume- 6/10 No visible difference
Lasting power- 5/10 good on top, horrific on bottom lashes
Brush- 8/10 nice shape and size, don't like that it holds random clumps of mascara
smudging- 2/10 Not impressed
Price- 4/10 I have had better performing £2 mascaras 






No comments:

Post a Comment