Saturday 15 March 2014

Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry Skin Review And Swatches


Hello everyone, today I am bringing you a review of the oh so famous Revlon Colorstay foundation. It retails for £12.49 and is available in Boots and Superdrug.
I HATE this foundation, it is one of the worst I have ever used. I put on the tiniest amount and it was immediate cake face, I hate the fact that it doesn't have a pump, it clung to my dry patches, dried out my skin, transferred onto everything, and never seemed to set in place. The worst thing was that instead of covering my redness it made it even worse, and all of imperfections were bought out. Despite all this I managed to fight the erg to take it off immediately and test it out through the day, about 3 hours in and it was slipping and sliding all over my face and settling into random patches, I looked a mess and finally took it off. This really shocked me as my skin isn't even oily, and for a foundation that is supposed to be formulated for dry skin, I would expect it to moisturise instead of drying it out. I really don't understand the rave about this foundation, I have had better performing £3 ones !




The blended swatch is very misleading, as on my arm it looked great, just not when I put on my face.


Bottom Line:
Durability- 1/10 Absolutely rubbish!
Coverage- 1/10 instead of covering, it bought out all my imperfections
Colour Range- 7/10 It comes in a wide variety of shades, probably the only good thing about this foundation
Price- 0/10 I wouldn't even pay 50p for this, completely not worth £12.49
Smell- 3/10 Chemically
Cakeyness- 0/10 COMPLETE CAKE FACE!
Packaging- 2/10 No pump but alright 




No comments:

Post a Comment