Saturday 8 March 2014

GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick Review And Swatches


Hello everyone today I am bringing you a review of the GOSH Velvet Touch Lipsticks, they retail for £6.49 and are exclusively available in Superdrug.
I feel very mixed about these lippies, the formula seems to vary across all the colours, and I find it hard to achieve an even application with some (as shown and talked about in the photo swatches below). They smell faintly of vanilla, and don't taste too nice. However, they do glide on easily, I like the glossy finish, they don't dry out the lips at all, and the packaging is super sleek and compact. I just think these are very middle of the road, nice to have but nothing to get too excited about.


The first shade is Romance, one of their new spring shades. It's a sheer, buildable, pale blue toned pink. I find it hard to get an even application, the wear time is 1-2 hours,and the finish is super glossy.
The next shade is Precious, again one of their new spring shades. A satin, super glossy mid tone blue pink. I think it's a more wearable version of something like MAC's Candy Yum Yum, as it's not so in your face. However, it's really hard to achieve an even application, and again the wear time is only about 2-2 1/2 hours.
The next shade is Kitten Pink. An opaque, creamy, coral-pink. I really like this shade, I think the colour will be very flattering on a lot of people, and for me is the perfect pinky coral. The wear time is 2-3 hours, and there are no problems with application.
Last is my favourite of the bunch, Flirty Orange. A bright, red toned orange. I find the formula of this one to be AMAZING, it glides on like a dream, is super opaque, and last 4-5 hours.






                                                            
Bottom Line:
Smell- 6/10 Faint vanilla 
Texture- 9/10 Soft, smooth
Pigmentation- 6/10 Varies from sheer to opaque
Packaging- 10/10 Sleek, handbag friendly
Price- 5/10 £6.49 Not bad for drugstore, but I feel that they are better lipsticks available for a lot less

No comments:

Post a Comment