Wednesday 29 January 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer Review and Swatches


Hello everyone, today I am bringing you a review on the brand new MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers; a matte liquid lipstick. I was very excited to try these as they reminded me a lot of the Lime Crime velvetines, but at a fraction of the price (£3) and with a wider colour selection. The lacquers are available in 5 different shades from reds, to pink to purples, and are in the new Luxe range. The pigmentation of these lippies is AMAZING and a little goes a long way, they apply evenly with one coat and make a bold statement. As they are matte I was expecting them to dry out my lips after only a few hours, but after wearing them for 5 hours my lips were hardly dried out at all! Also, once there on, they are not going anywhere, they last all day, and even when I tried to take them off with makeup remover it was a struggle- which is incredible when taking into account the price. One thing I would say is when they are first applied it can feel a little sticky, however after a few minutes when they are completely dry and the stickiness fades completely. They truly are a bargain for the price and I would recommend them if you want a statement lip that last all day :)
Initial swatches

Atomic is a beautiful bright orange with a red undertone
Criminal is a stunning bright fuchsia pink, both would suit all skin tones 

Bottom line: 
Smell: 6/10 A bit chemically but fades when applied
Texture: 9/10 Smooth and creamy
Pigmentation: 10/10 Amazing !
Packaging: 10/10 Sleek, stylish, handbag friendly
Price: 10/10 £3 is a bargain! 
Lasting power: 10/10 Last all day 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Is amazing. I go shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes they are I plan on buying all 5 shades :) x

      Delete